Electrical Estimates is an Electrical Contracting business based in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion and servicing clients throughout Mid Wales. Our principle business incorporates Commercial and Industrial Electrical Installation, CommScope Data Installers, Testing, CCTV and Data Cabling Installers, Fire Alarm Systems, Automated Doors and Barriers.
Our Key areas in terms of environmental impact are energy consumption and waste generation and, though small, we endeavour to minimise these where feasible, by providing a clear policy to our colleagues and suppliers on waste management and recycling mission statements. We operate a formal environmental management system (EMS) which is inspected annually against the BS 8555 Environmental Standard by the UKAS accredited Inspection Body Tarian Inspection Services to ensure we provide robust evidence we are upholding our commitments made herein. A copy of our certificate is available upon request.
Duty of Care – Our Environmental Management:
• Our EMS is designed to ensure we fulfil our environmental compliance obligations and are supported by external professional companies as part of this process;
• We set annual objectives to ensure continual improvement of the EMS to enhance environmental performance;
• We perform and manage Site Waste Management Plans when appropriate for all main contracts and CDM duties;
• We are committed to the protection of the environment, pollution prevention within the community we serve, and we encourage route planning and vehicle sharing with our colleagues to minimise emissions;
• Fuel costs are monitored for our vehicles via vehicle tracking and fuel consumption systems on board each vehicle and materials and products are sourced locally within Ceredigion to avoid long distance collections. We minimise the use of resources by installing low energy lighting and microwave sensors in our office;
• We continue to work towards reducing our stationery consumption by doing business with our customers through email and our website. We provide facilities and training for our employees to recycle our office waste and waste materials from sites to a recognised licenced waste facility CB Environmental;
• Through pre-qualification processes with sub-contractors, we request certain environmental policies and procedures. We hold a waste carrier licence;
• We encourage and welcome feedback on our environmental performance from interested parties;
• We communicate this policy to our employees and persons working on our behalf and make it publicly available to our clients and prospective new partners;
This policy will be reviewed no less often than annually and updated as necessary.
Electronically signed January 2022 – M R Klemencic