Christmas Message 2020
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our customers for your continued support over the past year. We really hope you have been satisfied with the level of service we have provided and that we will to continue to work with you in 2021. As the end of the working year draws nearer for us, it’s time to look back on 2020 and also forwards to 2021.
Did we achieve our ‘Things to look out for in 2020’?:
- Revival of our apprenticeship program: We have employed two apprentices that we are confident will become valued permanent members of the team and will continue their development into 2021 and beyond.
- Electrical vehicle charging: We have undertaken several domestic and commercial installations over the past year, and with new legislation coming into effect soon we are taking steps to ensure EV charging becomes a staple service.
- New employment opportunities for qualified electricians: With the inevitable effects of the Covid-19 pandemic we have not taken on any more engineers this year, but rather concentrated on continued and stable employment of our existing labour pool.
- Increase in engineer training: In March next year all of our engineers will achieve the C&G 2391 qualification, hopefully giving our clients further confidence in the engineers we send to site.
- Restructure of employee roles: After reviewing our structure over the past year, we have needed to change very little in the way of employee roles. We hope that you are satisfied with the engineers you see day to day on your sites.
- New running foreman: One of our senior engineers, Liam Edward will now oversee small and medium sized commercial contracts as well as undertake quality control as our new qualifying manager.
- Charity and community engagement: We were sponsors of the ‘Aber First Awards 2020’ and our Company Secretary Laura has been a board member of Menter Aberystwyth since early 2019. Jubilee Storehouse food bank has received our ‘December Goodwill’ donation this year, in recognition of their support of our community.
Things to look out for in 2021:
- Maintain our usual level of service despite the Covid-19 pandemic and our eventual exit from the EU.
- Continued engineer development, upon the completion of the 2020 training matrix in April 2021, our next step will be to increase the number of EV and fiber-optic install engineers.
- Testing device upgrades, we have recognised that our testing and survey equipment requires a much needed upgrade and plan to invest upwards of £20k in new equipment. This includes the official roll out of our new state of the art copper network, MM and SM data certifier.
- New services and technologies. Could one of your properties benefit from improved WIFI? Or improved signage lights, perhaps bespoke mock neon LED signs?
- Charity and community engagement, continue our support of Menter Aberystwyth and local organisations in the area.
Wishing you all a restful holiday, and see you in 2021.